Saturday, September 4, 2010

Homeade pizza, anyone?

Ah, the first week of fall semester. One of my favorite feelings is the excitement of students coming back to Radford. I actually get pretty stoked about starting classes and waking up early every morning. It makes me feel accomplished. I always love meeting all the new people in my non-major classes, and seeing all of my awesome friends again in my major classes.
Hm, so what has the first week of fall semester been? Anything but boring. It's been exciting, busy, unorganized, fun, chill, and most definitely stressful, but it's been good.
So you know me and lists...they are my favorite way to blog. So here goes another one of everything I feel was noteworthy of my first week back :)

1. I embraced the awkwardness of walking into my communications class on Monday and finding that every student in there was in the same sorority and knew each other, while I knew no one. Instead of getting weird about it, I pulled up a seat, got out my Hannah Montana lunchbox, and pulled out my kool aid and fruit snacks.

2. I decided that I will be making my first large purchase in the next 2 years, a black Jeep Commander. This has nothing to do with school, but I just decided it on Tuesday :)

3. I got a new hiking buddy. Yay!

4. I had one of the most fun nights I have ever had with my awesome roomies and neighbors.

5. I got 3 bag fulls of free stuff at club fair. That's what I'm talking about! ha

6. I learned to drive a stick shift! (and did notably well at it)

7. I decided that it's about time I learn about football after 20 years of not understanding it.

8. I couldn't figure out where I parked on Wednesday and looked for my car for a good 45 minutes. Oh yeah, I rode the bus.

9. I felt awesome inside when I sat and thought about how much I love my major, and how passionate I am about it. That makes me feel lucky.

10. I signed up to volunteer for the WIC clinic (Women, Infants, and Children) and I am so stoked about it!

11. I made some killer homeade pizza, only to realize the cheese I put on it was out of date after I cooked it. Oh, well, hello McDonalds. Again.
haha

12. I dropped my phone in a sink full of water, freaked out, and got it out only to realize that it still works like new. This is why I love you, LG Rythym.

13. I went a whole day on campus with no shoes. It wasn't because I didn't want shoes. I forgot them when I walked out my front door. How does this happen exactly?

14. I made a vow not to go to the tanning bed all year. (Which will not be an easy task, but I am going to try my hardest.)

15. I had Canton for the first time since 3 years of being at Radford. And was SO impressed.

16. And also an order of Highlander Rolls at 1 a.m. Pure heaven.

17. I missed Jersey Shore. So not cool.

18. I realized that I need to invest in a bike.

19. I got bitten by a spider and my foot was twice the size it should have been. Yikes!

So, needless to say, the first week of the semester was certainly eventful.
I am looking so forward to the next 12 weeks as well. I know it will fly by even faster than it has in the past 2 years, so I am making a point to enjoy every single second.

Til' next time,

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment